The Hoffman Process is a seven-day mental health retreat held in Byron Bay, NSW Australia. Byron Bay is known for its casual atmosphere and beaches – mental health retreats are becoming more popular there in recent years, offering activities like rock climbing and yoga for those afflicted by mental health issues that need help sorting out mental illness.
The Ultimate in Mental Health Retreats
Unique in its offering as far as mental health retreats go, The Hoffman Process was developed as far back as 1967 and its based on scientific research. Available in over 14 countries, The Hoffman Process has been held in Australia for more than 30 years. Recent studies by the University of California show The Hoffman Process to have long-lasting effects in reducing depression, anxiety and anger. The Process has proven to increase compassion and forgiveness with a deeper connection to spiritual dimensions.
It seems mental health retreats help most people with mental illness by getting them away from everyday life so that they can see things clearly again; mental health issues cannot be fixed if someone is stuck in an unhelpful environment where they continue to face the same problems over and over again. With a mental health retreat in Byron Bay, people can take a break from life and focus on wellness even after they have completed the Hoffman Process 7 day retreat. By booking an extra week or more, participants can enjoy many of the exciting and healing activities available in Byron Bay to suit their tastes. Recharging batteries is beneficial when it comes to mental health because stress plays a significant role in mental illness.
Do you need to speak with someone?
Take advantage of a free consultation with one of our professional therapists by just filling out the form below. One of our staff will contact you to arrange a time that suits you.
Book a Free Consultation
Would you like to find out more about the Process?
Book a free 1 hour consultation with one of our facilitators
Tips for Getting More Value From Your Mental Health Retreat Brisbane
Many have sought the professional help of our mental health retreats in QLD. To get the most out of your retreat and progress, we recommend the following:
- Its common to look outside of ourselves for solutions to the uncomfortable feelings we have harboured for a lifetime. Discarding everything that makes you unhappy is not the solution to working on your mental health. We recommend coming to the Hoffman Process committed to you work through the trauma in your life from childhood through to adulthood.
- After your retreat, you will feel like a completely different person. You will think differently and act differently; however, merging the new you into the life of the old you, is a process. You need to remain calm and avoid going back to old habits. Making necessary lifestyle changes can be beneficial, but changing everything at once can cause more chaos.
- Being able not to care what other people think is a gift or a well-taught skill. The Hoffman Process is designed to enable you with the skills and thought patterns to not care what people think and not let it affect you. Letting it affect you is what has the major negative impacts on your life.
To learn more about Bob’s work, the theoretical underpinnings of the Hoffman Process, please read The Negative Love Syndrome and the Quadrinity Model© A Path to Personal Freedom and Love, by Bob Hoffman. Free download available here
Some error has occured.
Excellent! You can now download ebook PDF
Benefits Of Mental Health Retreats in Australia
At our mental health retreats, you will have the needed support and encouragement along with a safe environment to reach your full potential. You will undergo numerous emotions; our facilitators will be with you every step of the way. We provide counselling and practises to ensure the most benefits from your experience.
- We use a non-invasive methodology and experiential methods to ensure your comfort and safety. Our main aim is your wellbeing. We have found that programmes containing an interfering angle are ineffective.
- Our facilitators are there to help you become conscious of your negative thoughts and behaviours and to allow you to access your inner strength, personal empowerment, and compassion.
- We will help you reduce the driving force that’s linked to self-destructive behaviours. These behaviours tend to affect us more subconsciously than we realise, and we help you identify these issues.
About The Hoffman Process
Bob Hoffman founded the Hoffman Process back in 1967, and it has been operating in Australia since 1989 and expanded to Singapore in 1995. Senior Supervising Director Volker Krohn is the facilitator trainer for Australia, is on the board of Directors of the Hoffman Institute International where he continues to inform the ongoing integrity and development of the Hoffman Process globally./p>
All facilitators receive extensive training and experience in the Hoffman Process and have certification in counselling, psychology and/or psychotherapy. Training for qualifying facilitators commences after becoming a Hoffman Graduate.
Contact us for any further questions regarding our retreats or facilitators’ program. We look forward to working with you.
Related Articles on our website
Learn more about what the Hoffman Process actually is and how it creates lasting positive change.
Read this article for an in-depth understanding on what depression actually is and how the Hoffman Process can fast track the recovery from depression.
Dr Joan Borysenko discusses the Benefits of the Hoffman Process, the limbic brain system connection and the scientific study by the University of California.
Dr. J.W. Wilson, Executive Director of the Advanced Learning Institute, Canada discusses how the Hoffman Process creates positive long-lasting changes in brain structure.
Hoffman Process in the Media – articles from around the web
Katy Perry talks to Vogue Magazine about her Hoffman Process experience and her relationship with Orlando Bloom
Advocate for men’s mental health, GQ Editor Dylan Jones raises awareness on men’s plight with mental health issues in his candid account of his personal experience of the Hoffman Process.
Tara Parker-Pope writes for the NY Times Magazine about her experience of the Hoffman Process in her article ‘The Midlife Tuneup’.
Stephanie Hollman’s (cast member on “Real Housewives of Dallas”) blog piece after attending the Hoffman Process.
- This retreat starts on Saturday morning at Sangurya Retreat Centre in Byron Bay
- The 7 nights accommodation commences on the Friday night with dinner included
- Rooms are residential twin-share*
- All meals of delicious healthy food are included
* A limited number of single rooms may be available; the single room surcharge is $740 incl. gst.
- The Hoffman Process runs from 9am Saturday morning and concludes around 2.45pm on Friday
- There is a tutorial the day after the Process ends on Saturday from 10am – 12pm in Byron Bay town centre
- Over 100 hours tuition facilitated by trained Psychotherapists
- One experienced, qualified facilitator per 8 participants
- 44 page questionnaire and comprehensive assessment
- 28 page Process Introduction booklet
- 175 page Course Workbook
- 4 Follow-up support sessions tailored to your group
- Over 30 practical and powerful techniques
- Audio download Kit
NOTE: Prices & dates are subject to change. Full payment is due two weeks prior to course commencement. An Early Bird Discount is available for payments made in full 4 weeks prior to course commencement.
Cancellation, Deferral and Refund Policy
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place in the Process which applies to a specific Course date. If you change or cancel your Process within 2 weeks of commencement, a $2750 fee is applicable. If you change or cancel your Process within 1 week of Course commencement, the entire fee is forfeited. Exemptions are considered on medical grounds if a Medical Certificate is provided. All other date changes made outside of these specified periods, incur a $110 administration fee. For any questions, please call +61 3 9826 2133 or contact us by email.
Sangurya Swimming Pool
Sangurya Garden Cottage
Sangurya Garden Cottage
Sangurya Garden Cottage
Sangurya Common Room
Sangurya Ocean Sunrise
There a few things you can do to find out if the Process is for you:
• Take our “Is the Process for me?” self-assessment test.
• Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
• Take advantage of this great offer and book a free 1 hour consultation with one of our professional therapists.
• Read others’ personal stories in our blog.
• Visit our Media Page to read media stories from around the web.