Hosted in Byron Bay
Become the Primary Creative Force in your Life
Join Us for a Week-Long Personal Development Retreat in Beautiful Byron Bay
The Hoffman Process is a personal growth program for overcoming obstacles to healing and happiness. Learn how to break compulsive habits, let go of the past, harness the power of anger, and institute effective changes in your life.
- Break the compulsive patterns that run your life, exercise your own free will, and regain control of your thoughts and behaviour
- Free up energy by releasing your pent-up resentments and directly experience your own spirituality
- Identify what you really want in life, and finally make the changes you have been putting off for years
The Hoffman Process is arguably the world’s most widely known and respected personal development retreat. Since its inception in 1967, the Hoffman Process has helped more than 100,000 people find greater emotional freedom, forgiveness, joy, love, balance and a profoundly greater quality of life.
For more than 35 years, the Hoffman Process has been recognised as one of the most potent transformational processes and is endorsed by an extraordinary array of experts and leaders from all walks of life. The Hoffman Process is one of the very best personal development retreats Australia has to offer! The benefits they have reported fall into three broad categories:
Emotional healing and freedom: Freedom from life-long negative moods, feelings, and behavioral patterns; including deep and lasting help in the healing of depression, anxiety, interpersonal sensitivity and inappropriate anger issues; as well as freedom to be more open, loving, joyful, centered, creative, and spontaneous.
Compassion: The capacity to be present and loving in the face of suffering, of yourself and others, such that healing is induced, helping you to become a compassionate leader in your life.
Spiritual Awakening: The ability to consistently connect with one’s inner wisdom and loving spiritual aspect; knowing from within that one is on a path of healing and contribution.
Do you need to speak with someone?
Take advantage of a free consultation with one of our professional therapists by just filling out the form below. One of our staff will contact you to arrange a time that suits you.
Book a Free Consultation
Would you like to find out more about the Process?
Book a free 1 hour consultation with one of our facilitators
For personal development work to create permanent positive change, it needs to address the emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical dimension of the human experience.
This short explanatory video will help you to better understand conditioned human behaviours and the inner emotional conflicts that result. The Hoffman Process brings ‘thinking and feeling’ back into balance thus expanding inner peace and mindfulness.
People searching for personal development retreats who choose to do the Hoffman Process come with a strong commitment to make positive and lasting changes in their lives. The Process significantly accelerates personal growth and participants report that over time, they are experiencing a fuller and more fulfilled life.
Thousands of people have benefited from the Hoffman Process, including celebrities, doctors, therapists and counsellors, actors, musicians, highly successful business people and entrepreneurs, creative people, mothers, fathers, adult children of alcoholics, drug addicts and orphans to name just a few.
The feedback we continually hear is how the Process changed people’s lives, how their close family members, friends and significant others witness the deep transformation that blossoms over time, a current that gently pulls them along to do the same.
Over the past 30 years, I have seen thousands of people from all walks of life benefit from the Hoffman Process. We receive regular referrals from therapists, counselors and other healthcare professionals. Visit our testimonials page to read a selection of participants and industry experts’ comments on the Process. We hope you will join us for the most positive transformational experience of your life.
Volker Krohn, Director, Hoffman Centre Australia/Singapore since 1991.
Transformation Backed by Science
Over the past 50 years the Hoffman Process has been meticulously refined in collaboration with leading professionals from multiple disciplines including mental health, psychotherapy, spirituality and the human potential movement. A selection of healing modalities are incorporated into the program and held by highly skilled, qualified practitioners in a supportively structured, non-invasive culture.
As one of the best personal development retreats, the Hoffman Process includes these modalities: experiential psychotherapy, family constellation, bioenergetics, Gestalt, emotional release, group therapy, joyful play, meditation, visualisation & journaling.
Learn more about the Science underpinning the Hoffman Process.
To learn more about Bob’s work, the theoretical underpinnings of the Hoffman Process, please read The Negative Love Syndrome and the Quadrinity Model© A Path to Personal Freedom and Love, by Bob Hoffman. Free download available here
Some error has occured.
Excellent! You can now download ebook PDF
Related Articles on our website
Learn more about what the Hoffman Process actually is and how it creates lasting positive change.
Read this article for an in-depth understanding on what depression actually is and how the Hoffman Process can fast track the recovery from depression.
Dr Joan Borysenko discusses the Benefits of the Hoffman Process, the limbic brain system connection and the scientific study by the University of California.
Dr. J.W. Wilson, Executive Director of the Advanced Learning Institute, Canada discusses how the Hoffman Process creates positive long-lasting changes in brain structure.
Hoffman Process in the Media – articles from around the web
Katy Perry talks to Vogue Magazine about her Hoffman Process experience and her relationship with Orlando Bloom
Advocate for men’s mental health, GQ Editor Dylan Jones raises awareness on men’s plight with mental health issues in his candid account of his personal experience of the Hoffman Process.
Tara Parker-Pope writes for the NY Times Magazine about her experience of the Hoffman Process in her article ‘The Midlife Tuneup’.
Stephanie Hollman’s (cast member on “Real Housewives of Dallas”) blog piece after attending the Hoffman Process.
- This retreat starts on Saturday morning at Sangurya Retreat Centre in Byron Bay
- The 7 nights accommodation commences on the Friday night with dinner included
- Rooms are residential twin-share*
- All meals of delicious healthy food are included
* A limited number of single rooms may be available; Please note a single-room surcharge applies.
- The Hoffman Process runs from 9am Saturday morning and concludes around 2.45pm on Friday
- There is a tutorial the day after the Process ends on Saturday from 10am – 12pm in Byron Bay town centre
- Over 100 hours tuition facilitated by trained Psychotherapists
- One experienced, qualified facilitator per 8 participants
- 44 page questionnaire and comprehensive assessment
- 28 page Process Introduction booklet
- 175 page Course Workbook
- 4 Follow-up support sessions tailored to your group
- Over 30 practical and powerful techniques
- Audio download Kit
NOTE: Prices & dates are subject to change. Full payment is due two weeks prior to course commencement. An Early Bird Discount is available for payments made in full 4 weeks prior to course commencement.
Cancellation, Deferral and Refund Policy
The $500 non-refundable deposit is valid for twelve months and applies to a specific course date. If you change or cancel your Process within 2 weeks of commencement, a $3500 fee is applicable. If you change or cancel your Process within 1 week of Course commencement, the entire fee is forfeited. Exemptions are considered on medical grounds if a Medical Certificate is provided. All other date changes made outside of these specified periods, incur a $110 administration fee. For any questions, please call +61 3 9826 2133 or contact us by email.
Sangurya Swimming Pool
Sangurya Garden Cottage
Sangurya Garden Cottage
Sangurya Garden Cottage
Sangurya Common Room
Sangurya Ocean Sunrise
There a few things you can do to find out if the Process is for you:
• Take our “Is the Process for me?” self-assessment test.
• Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
• Take advantage of this great offer and book a free 1 hour consultation with one of our professional therapists.
• Read others’ personal stories in our blog.
• Visit our Media Page to read media stories from around the web.
Improve Your Quality of Life With a Self-Development Retreat
We should all attend a self-development retreat from time to time, especially if you’ve been feeling stressed out as of late. These retreats can entirely transform and uplift your sense of wellbeing through impactful activities and teachings.
Benefits of Personal Development Retreat
As suggested in the name, personal growth retreats assist in reshaping your life for the better. The advantages of these retreats are undeniable and long-lasting. Here are the impressive benefits you can look forward to:
- Rest and rejuvenation are vital in maintaining your mental health, and solo retreats are just the place to get this in abundance. Getting stuck in the rut of your daily routine may leave you with negative feelings, including lethargy, demotivation, disinterest or emotional distance. Break that routine by unwinding in a tranquil space that’s different from your everyday surroundings and daily routine. We have designed our retreats to provide a calm and serene space.
- More often than not, these retreats are purposely situated in natural surroundings for the outstanding benefits that nature has on our mental health. Being close to nature has shown to reduce cortisol, our body’s stress hormone level. This helps you to relax and unwind in an environment that’s soothing. Being in nature may positively impact you physically by reducing heart rate, blood pressure and muscle tension.
- Individual therapy may be provided to you in the form of skilled, well-informed therapists with extensive experience in treating whichever areas of concern you may have. Counselling sessions, mindfulness activities, exercises and training are effective and long-lasting.
- When you choose to go on a personal retreat, the people around you will contribute to a positive experience. Like-minded people will be on the same retreat, and you can learn from each other along with making lasting connections. These individuals may act as a support system for your healing process.
These advantages are significant and may permanently change your life for the better.
Common Mistakes Made When Choosing a Self Help Retreats
Not all retreats are created equal, and they are not a ‘one size fits all ‘concept. If you’re not mindful of the one you choose, you may end up investing in a visit to a retreat that doesn’t address your concerns. Here are some pitfalls to avoid when choosing one best suited for you:
- When looking for a retreat programme, don’t simply settle on the first one that you come across. Deep dive into the organisation’s website, social media pages, and reviews to better understand how other individuals have found the retreat in their own experience. The Hoffman Process is not an ordinary “retreat”, it’s a deep psychological transformation.
- You may be tempted by the persuasive points made by specific retreats through their marketing, but it doesn’t mean that you will get your money’s worth. Spend some time by yourself to sit and think about the issues you want to tackle in your daily life. Does work stress plague you? Financial woes? Grief? Interpersonal problems? Try identifying your stressor and select a retreat that has self-help courses to tackle that.
- It’s helpful to identify your expected outcomes before going on a retreat and if these desired outcomes are likely to result from the specific activities on offer. Look into the particular activities, training and counselling offered before choosing your preferred retreat.
- Although it’s tempting to choose a cheaper retreat instead of a more expensive one, you cannot put a price on personal improvement. By selecting the most inexpensive retreat you come across, you may compromise the quality of services that you receive in return. Instead, focus on a programme that has the most positive reviews associated with it.
Keep these points in mind when choosing your next relaxing retreat to ensure you get the whole experience.
About The Hoffman Process
The Hoffman Process works on the values of creating peaceful and compassionate relationships with our loved ones for all to live in harmony through our carefully curated activities that promote healing and transformation. Since 1967, The Hoffman Process has changed countless lives through our life-changing process.
Curious to learn more about the process? Contact us for more details.