The Hoffman Process Spiritual Retreat is psychological therapeutic work embedded in a transpersonal or spiritual frame.
Bob Hoffman saw the experience of ‘Love’ as the most spiritually transformative force in the universe.
The Hoffman Process Spiritual Retreat is held at the beautiful retreat centre Sansurya embedded, in the Arakwal National Park overlooking the ocean.
Our Heart Centre is what helps us to imbue our human existence with meaning. It is the force that allows us to experience our innate connectedness to existence.
The HP Spiritual Retreat uses the philosopher Ken Wilber’s model of looking at the Transpersonal/Spiritual from 3 different perspectives:
- The Transpersonal (Light / God) experienced as a 3rd person: Most people come to the Process with an idea that there is something ‘out‘ there. Some, more or less defined higher power that has little influence on interpersonal relationships apart from possible dogma that creates rules of moral conduct. In this mind-frame the ‘Transpersonal’/ ‘Spiritual’ is experienced as a metaphor, not as a direct experience of the ‘Divine’.
- The Transpersonal experience as 2nd person: denotes an experience where the subject experiences the ‘Spiritual’ in the Other. This also includes the experience of existence as Divine. The transpersonal as a 2nd person is experienced through the opening of the Heart. It requires a sense of one’s own Spirit and innate ‘lovability’ – a visceral, embodied experience of
Love. It induces a devotional relationship with the Divine. It also holds the perspective that other people have a divine essence and are manifestations of Spirit/Light.
- The Transpersonal experience in the 1st person: refers to an experience of the Self as Divine, when no differentiation between ‘subject and object ‘ exists, ie: non-duality. All is One. Very few people arrive at this level of consciousness.
Within the Vedic tradition there are 2 major paths to ‘enlightenment’.
- Jnana Yoga (pronounced as “YAN- na”) is the yoga of inquiry into the Self as a path to understanding. This path requires the student to:
* Study their own and others’ thoughts.
* Spend their time in contemplation of those thoughts – to ‘check within the self’ for the truth of those ideas.
* Letting go of any false concepts and distractions that may divert the attention.
- Bhakti Yoga: the path of emotions – a devotional path that requires the student to:
* Total devotion to and ecstatic immersion in God, which is love. The practitioner completely surrenders all of life’s actions to the love of God, offers all the simple actions of daily life and religious ceremonies to God. The writing of poetry and performing of song, dance and music is also a part of this practice.
To reach ‘enlightenment’ the 2 paths need to meet. Understanding without devotion is cold and lacks heart and energy. Devotion without understanding lacks wisdom and the ability to interact with others by being able to change perspective.
The Hoffman Process provides the meeting point between these 2 paths. Our Light journeys are a form of devotional prayer (Bhakti path) and the understanding of individual patterns and transference issues are part of the cognitive (Jnana path).
The Hoffman Process Spiritual Retreat – a Path to Transformation
The Hoffman Process Spiritual Retreat path of transformation, starts with helping participants to understand the ‘prison’ that our conditioning limits us to, by identifying the adopted behavioral patterns, moods and belief systems that we aquired from our family of origin. From this level of consciousness, we expect love to come from outside of ourselves. In the Process we use Light Meditations, where participants start to experience a higher force outside them selves that is benevolent. This looks at the Light / Higher Power as a metaphorical depiction of the Transpersonal / Light which means ‘God’ as a 3rd person. We first move toward the Light as a metaphor of the Divine.
As we ask people to receive their Essence/ Spiritual Self, we start to introduce Light, experienced as a 2nd person. The self is mainly identified with the Emotional Child and the Intellect. As the Spiritual Self soothes the child we are starting the process of reversing the identification with the EC and Intellect, as the centre of the self, to becoming more identified with the Spirit. As participants emote, whilst being held by their Spirit, Love starts to be felt and a visceral relaxation starts to take place.
As the emotional expressive work directly challenges the patterns that obstruct love, participants conversely open, more and more to a direct experience of their spiritual essence. (God as 2nd person and 1st person)
Everything is suffused with Consciousness. When we are in touch with our Essence
Why You Should Attend a Spiritual Retreat in Byron Bay
If you feel that you need to get away from all the hustle in the city and take some time to recharge your mind and body, you may want to consider attending a spiritual retreat in Byron Bay. In this safe space, you can become more self-aware and feel relaxed and renewed. Through the process, we will guide you to identify negative thoughts and behaviours triggered either by your past or present. We will help you create a more balanced future where you no longer feel this negativity and can healthily deal with your emotions. You will learn how to break the cycle of negative behaviour and make positive changes in your life. So, if you feel like life is getting you down, and you need to escape and learn how to live your life to the fullest, consider attending a retreat at The Hoffman.
Benefits of Spiritual Retreats in Australia
When you decide to attend our spiritual retreat in Australia, you will be whisked away to a calming environment where you can relax and enjoy the soothing sounds of nature. At the same time, you embark on your journey to self-discovery. In today’s day and age, it can become challenging to find time to de-stress and unwind. When this happens, taking time to retreat will allow you to find and centre yourself once again. Many people have found that attending these retreats has been beneficial to their physical wellbeing and mental health. Here are just some of the benefits you can take advantage of.
- Personal development. Spiritual retreats aim to assist you with your personal growth. You will discover how to express your emotions in a healthy and accepted way, and learn how to cope with specific situations.
- Reconnecting with nature. Living in cities and towns can often lead to a disconnection from nature, and by getting back to nature, you will feel more grounded.
- Professional help. One of the most significant benefits you will gain from attending retreats is that your journey will be guided by people who have done the research on the various types of therapies, giving you the professional help, you require.
What You Should Know About Spiritual Healing Retreats in Australia
Being spiritual is not always about religion. It can be the connection between your mind, body, and soul. Sometimes we become very disconnected from the world when we lead such busy lives. It can feel that all we do is work and sleep, simply existing without really living. Many people believe once they attend a spiritual retreat assists them with feeling connected to the world. Here is what you should know about attending a retreat.
- Based on research. All our methods have been scientifically researched to ensure we give you the best care possible.
- Retreats are worldwide. Many people worldwide practice The Hoffman Process – it has assisted numerous people with transmuting childhood trauma.
- Well-established. Our spiritual retreats have been attended by thousands of people over the past five decades, making us an established institution.
Why Trust Us Regarding Spiritual Retreats in NSW
If you are experiencing pain and negativity caused by a traumatic experience, taking our spiritual retreat in NSW is a safe, comforting, and supportive environment where you can express your emotions without judgment. We have combined numerous techniques that have proven effective in dealing with trauma, negative emotions and behaviour, and depression. All our facilitators are entirely trained in The Hoffman Process and can guide you through your journey of self-awareness and healing. We keep our groups small so that you can get the attention you need to heal.
For more information or to book a free consultation, don’t hesitate to contact us.